Following my last posting I have spent a rather fraught 10 days of phone calls to the Arts Council to find out why my second application was deemed ineligible. I am happy to say that today I received this email
Thank you for your patience whilst I have been looking into this. The application was logged as ineligible in error and so is now re-logged onto our system with the original dates that were proposed when you submitted the form.
So at the end of July we will have assessed the application and will notify you of your decision by post.
Again apologies for this mix-up and please do feel free to contact me if you need anything else at all.
Iain Ferns Administrator, Customer Services National Support Centre – The Hive Arts Council England
I have to say that Iain, who has been dealing with my query, has been extremely helpful and although I now have to wait until the end of July for a final decision on the funding it is a relief that ACE have admitted they have made an error. It does however leave me asking how many other errors have they made? I would urge anyone reading this, whose application has been thrown out as ineligible in the last few weeks should query the decision.
Fingers crossed now for 3 weeks time and a for positive outcome from all the hard work so far!!